QUIZ # 01
01. I'd rather have winebeer.
= yerine...(Dikkat: Fiillerle kullanabileceğiniz benzer bir başka yapı ise şudur: I would rather have wine than beer... I would rather starve than eat genetically modified foods...)
02.bad weather, the trip will be postponed to next week.
= ola ki, durumunda...
(Dikkat: Ayrıca bir
de zarf tümcelikleri için bir bağlaç
olarak "in case" vardır. Örnek: "The latter takes precedence over
the first in case there (should) be any significant differences between
the two." = Aralarında önemli farklar olması
durumunda, ikincisi, birinciye kıyasla öncelik kazanır.
Dikkat... Dikkat... Bu yapıdan "should" çoğu zaman düşürülür, ve
geride yabancılar için çok şaşırtıcı bir yapı ortaya çıkar...
03.my fellow employees, I would like to thank management for all they have done to improve our situation.
= adına, vekaleten...
04. We finally solved our problem
04. We finally solved our problema new device created by our research and development department.
= yoluyla, vasıtasıyla...
05.me, I will be happy to dedicate a few extra hours to the cause.
= ...'e gelince, ...'in açısından...
Örnek: "Social sciences, in general,
concentrate their efforts on understanding "men in society", whereas
psychology would rather work with the individual. As for
anthropology, I find that one must have a good grounding in the
biological and geological in order to fill in the evolutionary
06. You will have to remember that,
06. You will have to remember that,a handful of scientists, no one is really aware of the magnitude of this problem.
07. I don't think
it would work out for those two. As far as I can see
Ali has nothing
07. I don't think it would work out for those two. As far as I can see Ali has nothingMeltem.
ile ortak, ile paylaştığı... 08.
08.the opposition parties, the whole project is just a waste of time.
...'e göre, ...'in dediğine göre...
09. I'm all
09. I'm allhelping out the poor when in need.
= lehinde... (Eşanl: to be (all)
for... Karşıt: to be (all) against...)
all for it..." "I am (all) against the whole
10. We will have to postpone our trip
10. We will have to postpone our tripthe bad weather.
= ...'den dolayı, ...'in yüzünden...